A SKYLINE REDEFINED
Piercing the sky like a shard of glass, The Shard is putting new punctuation to an already famous cityscape. Standing at 310 meters, this landmark building is the tallest in Western Europe.
Developed by Sellar Property in association with LBQ Ltd. and designed by renowned architect Renzo Piano, The Shard is a multi-use vertical town rising to the equivalent of 95 stories. It brings over 111,000 square meters and 72 habitable floors of premium office space, retail stores, luxury residences, a five-star hotel, restaurants and a public viewing gallery to central London.
- Completed: 2012
- Height: 310 m
- Floors: 95 total, 72 occupiable
- Total floor area: 111,484 sqm
- Architect: Renzo Piano Building Workshop
- Building owner: LBQ Ltd.
- Developer: Sellar Property Group
- Contractor: Mace
- 15 KONE MiniSpace™ elevators
- 2 KONE MonoSpace® elevators
- 13 KONE DoubleDeck elevators
- 3 KONE hydraulic elevators
- 3 KONE TransitMaster™ 150 escalators
- 2 KONE EcoMaster™ 130 escalators
- 5 KONE JumpLift construction time elevators